Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I Hate Change


I hate change.  Hate it.  The past six months have been filled with change for me.  Change in were I live.  Change in my job.  Change in finances.  Change in people I use to hang out with. Changes all they way around.

With all of those changes, it has caused me to question and try to figure out what I want to do with my life and what God wants me to do - not knowing if it's the same thing.

One nice thing I have come to terms with is realizing that change is not always an enemy.  It can be God's way of saying, enough is enough.  What I am trying to tell you is life has a middle name and that name is change.  I now know that anything that grows will change.

I try to live my life by rejoicing in a day that someone else missed.  While I slept, someone gasped a final breath and didn't get to see this day.  But I am still here.  This is God's gift to me and you.  From the God who cares enough to give the very best, he gave me today.  It is ours.  Change will come soon enough.   There will never be another moment like this one.

One of the hardest parts of change for me is trying not to look back, to forgive and mean it.  To enjoy today and stop living in the past.  To move forward ready to embrace whatever the future may bring.  I admit, it's not always an easy journey for me.  I over analyze everything.  I still have a hard time believing that people love me for me, not for something they want me to be.  I love finally realizing that God loves all of us for who we are, especially me. :)

I've also come to know that there is one thing in my life that will never change and that's God.  He does not change.  He is an unchanging God in a rapidly changing world.  No two days we have will ever be the same.  They were not designed to be duplicated.  Each day will behold a new wonder of God's glory 

I'm hoping and praying that for me, change and I will become Facebook friends.  New BFF's.  Someone new I hang out with everyday and come to appreciate.  But for the time being, I Still Hate Change.....

No comments:

Post a Comment