Saturday, January 8, 2011

An Introduction

Wow, never thought I'd do this!  I was looking through some friends blogs and had an inspiration to start my own!  I may be the only one to read it but it will hopefully help me stay on track to living a God filled life - I need all the help I can get - that's why the name is A Work In Progress.

I became a born again Christian I guess about three years ago.  I grew up in the church.  Everything I did was with my church friends until, college. 

Shenandoah University - the beginning of my "walk on the wild side".  Partied.  Drank and did drugs.  "Dated" my first black guy.  Moved in with the second black guy I ever dated.  Failed classes.  Had to stay in school five years.  Lived with him for seven years and had my heart broken.  Moved back to were I grew up.  Got tattooed and pierced.  Partied every weekend in DC.  Bought a house.  Met my now ex-husband who moved in with me.  Got pregnant.  Got married.  Had my daughter.  Got divorced.  Found a church.  Found God again.

There are of course many details I left out but think you get my point.  My life has been a roller coaster between life changes, financial changes and my spiritual journey.  Finding God again has definitely been the best thing that has ever happened to me.  I often wonder what my life would have been like if I had never gone off the beaten path and kept my eyes on the one man in my life who loves me unconditionally and will never let me down.  Don't get me wrong, having my daughter is something that changed my life completely and I would never change that.  I just see people who kept their eyes on Jesus and have a life with a Christian man and are still married.  I hold out hope that I too may find a good christian man but know that will only happen when and if God has that in the cards for me. 

The purpose of this blog for me is to be my journal and hopefully help someone who may be struggling the way I do.  I am far from perfect and unlike some Christians I know, have no problem sharing my past, my mistakes and decisions I still make that aren't always what God wants for me.  I am far from perfect but have my eye on the prize now and refuse to go back to the "old me".  I need all the help I can get so please share anything that may help me or anyone else who stumbles across my ramblings.

God loves me no matter what and you too.  Something I still have a hard time grasping.  No matter how many mistakes I make he still loves me and you!  Isn't that amazing? 

For the rest of my life though, I think I will always be ...... A Work In Progress.

1 comment:

  1. Wow....you started a blog! Good for you. You WILL find it very therapeutic and it keeps you accountable, in a way, to staying on the path.

    There's a part you left out that set you on the path of "walk[ing] on the wild side." Forgive - yourself and others - and with God's help, complete healing will come.

    You have so much to offer, so much beauty and Truth and compassion. Sharing your message is one way you will be able to do that!

    ReplyDelete